Frog Fractions 2 is a sequel to the free, browser-based game Frog Fractions, developed by independent game studio Twinbeard. I was the primary writer and narrative designer on both the game and the extended alternate reality game (ARG) marketing effort that was produced as part of the game’s announcement and subsequent development. Frog Fractions 2 was revealed to have been released on December 26, 2016 after players completed the ARG, though its content was hidden within the game Glittermitten Grove, a secondary game that we released several weeks earlier.
As part of this project, I had to perform tasks ranging from rapid development, iteration and deployment of both narrative and puzzle content to the production of a full rewrite of Dante’s Inferno with “Macho Man” Randy Savage as the star to the numerous jokes and gags throughout the play experience.
Frog Fractions 2 successfully funded on Kickstarter in April 2014.
Writer, Narrative Designer, ARG Master
Windows, Mac, Linux
13 December 2016
- IndieCade@E3 2017 – Official Selection
- IndieCade Festival 2017 – Official Nominee
- Kotaku – The Two-Year Mystery Is Over: This Is Frog Fractions 2
- Polygon – The jig is up: Behind the yearslong reveal of Frog Fractions 2
- Ars Technica – Frog Fractions 2: the jig is up, and the game is here
- Waypoint – Inside the Development of Gaming’s Biggest Mystery, ‘Frog Fractions 2’
- Kill Screen – Frog Fractions 2 and the difficult art of mystery making